As always this post was created by The Broke and The Bookish.
I can’t wait to share with you my picks for today! I love searching and reading new YA Debuts! And I read quite a lot of them this year.
Now here is the list of authors that have me eagerly anticipating their sophomore novel.
1.Elise Kova- I read her debut novel Air Awakens last month and loved it ❤ I was starting to lose my love for YA Fantasy, but this reminded me why I love it so much! I can’t wait to read the sequel. If you have not read this book I highly recommend you do!
2. Sabaa Tahir-Her debut YA novel An Ember In The Ashes is a whopping 446 pages! I cannot believe I flew through it in a matter of days! The ending definitely has me counting down the days to the sequel coming next year.
3. Victoria Aveyard- Her YA Debut Red Queen was a book I was highly anticipating for this year and I absolutely loved it. Similar to the previous choices, the ending left me excited for what will happen next.
4.Stephanie Oakes- Her YA Debut The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly was a book I would definitely call a hidden gem. This novel centers around a girl who escapes a cult! I have never read a book like that before. Everything about this book was raw and emotional. This novel has put Stephanie’s upcoming book on my radar for sure.
5.Renée Ahdieh- Renée’s Debut The Wrath and The Dawn has me anticipating the sequel for sure! Her writing style was beautiful and made me love this book so much more.
6. David Arnold- His YA Contemporary Debut Mosquitoland is on my top of 2015 for sure. This novel centers around Mim Malone and how she takes a bus to reach her mother in another state. I really loved Mim as a charcter! She was quirky but relatable. Similar to Renee Ahdieh, David’s writing style really made this book great and I can’t wait to read his next book.
7. Nicola Yoon- Having read the summary and hearing great buzz before this book’s release, I was really anticipating this book. I was able to read an ARC of it and I really loved it. The way this story was told, not only through words but with illustrations, really made this book feel more real to me. From what I have seen I don’t think she is writing another book just yet, so I will be patiently waiting! 😀
8. Holly Bodger- Her YA Debut 5 to 1 is another book I would consider a hidden gem. This is a YA Dystopian, but not the typical one you would expect. Taking place in a future India, there are 5 boys for every 1 girl and a competition takes place to see which boy will get the girl. Written in verse and prose, our two main characters fight for freedom, but again, not in the way you expect. From what I have seen there is no other book Holly will release anytime soon, so I will just have to wait and see.
9.Becky Albertali- Her YA Debut Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda was a book that left a smile on my face once I finished. She writes dialogue and characters so realistically and makes each of them unique! She has a novel coming out next year & I can’t wait to read it.
10.Aisha Saeed- Her YA Debut Written In The Stars took me by surprise! It tackles topics I know about, but have never read before. She writes topics and characters in a raw and realistic way that has me eager to read her next upcoming novel.
Which Debut authors have you anticipating their next book? 🙂